This product is a . Many elementary librarians have been purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. .
. (YouTube link)
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students about Chinese New Year is included here. You only need to add your school’s information to a couple of slides (weekly agenda, birthdays) and a read-aloud of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use.
- that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for high-quality, interesting books about China, Chinese folklore, and Chinese New Year. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- slide and how-to link (“China”)
- a of the Chinese New Year traditions
- guided lesson about how to ; includes video link and pronunciation guide
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos for K-6.
- for Grades K-6
- about the Great Wall of China, Harbin ice sculptures, giant pandas, Chinese New Year traditions, hong bao (red packets), Chinese Zodiac, and high-speed trains
- 14 visual ; includes picture books, fiction novels, nonfiction/biographies, and graphic novels.
- Library review question (about the 900 section)
- “Did you Knows”
- “Would you rathers?” and “This or Thats?”
- Trivia questions with answers
- Vocabulary words: and
- This week’s birthdays