If you are not familiar with BOOM™ Cards, know that you will need a BOOM™ Cards Learning account to use the cards. A free trial is available, and the annual membership fees are reasonable.
: Grades 5-7
? YES, every card includes read-aloud audio.
- teacher BOOM™ Learning account (see “Using Your BOOM™ Cards” section below for more details)
- student BOOM™ accounts (teachers create student logins within their BOOM™ Learning Classroom)
- internet connection
- To play the Boom™ deck, students will need a computer, tablet, smartboard, or Boom™ Cards phone app
- headphones and computer audio (optional, but students won’t be able to use the audio read-aloud feature if they don’t have access to audio)
- Students should understand sorting decimals to the hundredths place.
- Students should be able to alphabetize three-letter combinations.
- Students should know what the Dewey “hundreds” sections are called. (e.g., 800=Literature; 300=Social Science)
- Blue cards: Drag and drop. Students sort three books by Dewey number or letter (E and FIC).
- Pink cards: Multiple choice. Students click on one correct answer to the question.
- Green cards: Click the correct Dewey section for the subject. Hundreds number and name of Dewey section are given in answers (e.g., 500 Science and 100 Philosophy & Psychology)
- Yellow cards: Drag and drop. Students sort four books by Dewey number and first three letters of author’s last name. The yellow cards will be challenging for some students.
- 24 cards total
- audio included on all 24 cards
- 100% self-checking
- colorful illustrations on every slide
- easy-to-read print fonts
- If you purchase this product, you will receive a PDF that includes a link to the BOOM™ cards.
- You will need a BOOM™ Learning account to use this product. BOOM™ Learning has a free basic account and free 30-day trial premium accounts for teachers. The annual premium subscriptions are priced reasonably for individuals or schools. If you want to be able to download reports (used for grading student work), you will need a paid account.
! Students can see if their answer is correct or incorrect immediately after they answer. They also have a chance to correct their answer and re-submit.
If you choose grade the deck, BOOM™ will grade them for you (reports are available in paid accounts only).
: To use BOOM™ Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. and receive notifications of when new products are posted. .