This product is a . Many elementary librarians have been purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. .
See a demo of one of my Digital Storytimes here. (YouTube link)
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students about five book awards is included here. You just add the read-aloud(s) of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use. The first , which are great to introduce students to book awards, examples of awards, winners and honors, gold and silver medal seals, guessing the winners, why choosing might be difficult, that people don’t always agree on the winners, and criteria for five awards.
- : Caldecott, Newbery, Coretta Scott King, Pura Belpre, and Sibert. Updated for 2021!
- that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for award-winning K-6 books. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- original storytime song
- sign language slide and how-to link (“award”)
- discussion of : Caldecott, Newbery, Coretta Scott King, Pura Belpre, and Sibert. Discussion also includes why we give awards, what awards are for, criteria, who chooses, and why might it be difficult to choose.
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos for K-6.
- for Grades K-6
- Includes that go with the award winners: John Henry (goes with Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky), Grand Canyon trivia (to go with Jason Chin’s Grand Canyon), Transcontinental Railroad (accompanies Floca’s Locomotive), and more.
- ; includes 7 picture books, 7 fiction novels, and 2 nonfiction/biographies, and 1 graphic novel.
- 1 “Did you Know” and 1 “Fun Fact”
- 1 True/False slide with answer (2 slides)
- 3 “Would you rathers?” and 1 “This or That?” (4 slides)
- “What am I?” (clues about a location’s identity–2 slides)
- 4 trivia questions with answers (8 slides)
- vocabulary words: and
- this week’s birthdays